We recommend using a non-production instance of ServiceNow that is a recent clone of your production environment. Sofi supports all current versions of ServiceNow. If you require any assistance during the setup or trial period we are here to help at [email protected]
After successfully installing Sofi, we need to configure Sofi to learn using your historical data to provide Intelligent Call Classification and Routing predictions. While Sofi provides default configuration as part of the base install, every customer tends to have a different data model. It is important to understand your data and how Sofi can use your data to provide Intelligent Call Classification and Routing predictions.
In addition to Service Agent Assistant, Sofi ships with an express version of Sofi Virtual Assistant. Sofi Virtual Assistant provides a number of out the box features, allowing you to experience the benefits of deploying an Intelligent Virtual Agent to your Service Portal.
Before installing Sofi on your ServiceNow instance, you will need your dedicated Sofi instance to be provisioned. If you have not been provided an instance, you can register for a free 14 day trial at [email protected]
During the trial registration process you will be provided with a unique API key, it is important you keep this key handy as you will need to paste it in your ServiceNow instance as part of the setup process. The API key allows your ServiceNow instance to securely connect to your dedicated Sofi instance.
Note: Please contact us at [email protected] if you require a new API key, as we do not store this key.
Installing Sofi on your ServiceNow instance is through a ServiceNow Update Set and associated XML configuration file. The installation of Sofi does not affect exisiting ServiceNow configurations, a complete list of dependancies is available upon request.
You will be provided with the Sofi files Sofi x.x.x.zip file, you will need to expand the file, resulting in two files, Sofi Update Set x.x.x.xml and Sofi Configuration x.x.x.xml.
First step is to import the Update Set Sofi Update Set x.x.x.xml. You will need to be logged in as an Admin user in ServiceNow to perform these tasks.
- Navigate to the ServiceNow menu System >> Update Sets >> Retrieved Update Sets and click on the link – Import Update Set from XML.
- Select the update set file and click Upload, the update set will appear in the list of retrieved update sets.
- Open the update set and preview the update set. After you have previewed the update set you need to ensure you commit the update set. Further information on Update Sets can be found here ServiceNow – System Update Sets.
- Now that we have loaded Sofi on your ServiceNow instance we need to load Sofi configuration file Sofi Configuration x.x.x.xml
- Importing configuration in ServiceNow is done by opening any list view of records, right clicking on any column headings and selecting Import XML at the bottom of the list of options.
- Select the Sofi configuration file when prompted.
- Click Upload. Further information can be found here ServiceNow – Import a XML file
Updated over 2 years ago